Stephen D. Lassar serves as the firm’s Managing Partner in the Firm’s New York City office. As a trusted advisor and business counselor, he successfully helps clients plan their current and future trust and estate needs.
Mr. Lassar has extensive experience working with a broad range of estate planning tools including QPRTS, GRATs, CRUTs, CLATs and NIMCRUTs. His unique ability to strategically solve problems involving the transfer of wealth from generation to generation has helped numerous clients avoid or minimize gift taxes.
His area of expertise includes working with real estate entities, international companies, closely-held corporations, partnerships, limited and general partnerships, and limited liability companies in the areas of tax compliances, entity structuring and sales thereof.
Mr. Lassar founded the Firm in 1971. His experience includes serving as a Partner in several public accounting firms. A past lecturer on various estate planning matters, Mr. Lassar has taught continuing professional education courses.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) Estate Planning Committee, Past Chairman, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Defined Value under Wandry – Seminar (January 2015)
- The New Estate and Gift Tax Legislation – Webinar
- “Trust-Owned Life Insurance: Policy Review and Funding Techniques,” CPA Journal (February 2007)
- “Wealth Preservation: Five Strategies,” CPA Journal (September 2002)
- “Income in Respect of a Descendent,” CPA Journal (September 1997)\
- New York State Bar
- Federal Courts, Eastern and Southern Districts
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court